I am honoured to be nominated by Mal for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
In order to accept the award, I must:
• Include the award logo in a post or on the blog:
• Include a link to the person who nominated me:
• Write 10 random things about myself
• Nominate ten other bloggers who “positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”, plus let them know you nominated them. (I am not going to do this, I can’t possibly choose just 10, each and every one of my blog friends is important to me. Without all of you who have befriended me over the years – especially over the horrors of the past year – I would, literally, not have survived. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
10 random things about me:
1. I can’t brush my teeth or blow my nose while wearing my spectacles.
2. I am going to paint the walls of my new flat slate grey.
3. My mother-in-law moved into an old aged home on Saturday and I already miss her more than I can say.
4. I have always kept a daily journal, but I have lost my ‘mojo’ and my last entry was on Sunday the 19th of May.
5. Although I am only moving in August, I have packed almost all of the contents of my home and am living like a gypsy. This was a silly thing to have done; without my kitchen equipment, I am not able to cook and thus unable to find inspiration for my blog. Microwaved meals are not photogenic.
6. I used to write a lot of poetry, but my muse died the day I realised that my marriage was over. (Oh my word, this isn’t turning out to be a very ‘sunshiney’ post, is it?)
7. My cat, Ally, is a source of joy to me. I am amazed daily as she makes her personality known to me.
8. Ally wakes me every morning at exactly 6am. I don’t need an alarm clock.
9. I am currently on a profound spiritual journey and became a Christian six months ago.
10. I never knew it was possible to love as greatly as the love I have for my daughter. It is so great a love that it sometimes scares me.
Thank you, Mal. And thanks again to all of you out there in cyberspace.