Sidey’s weekend theme this week is Sunset, I like to watch mine from my backyard, on a cane chair, with a nice glass of wine. That glass of wine is a type of ceremony; I reflect on my day and make a mental note of what needs to be done tomorrow. A routine of sorts, I am – after all – a creature of habit.
One habit, when I was on my previous blogging platform, I thoroughly enjoyed answering Pink Polka Dot’s weekly food quiz and combining it with Side View’s weekend theme every Saturday morning. When I came over to WordPress I deleted that blog and stopped going to the platform. I am so glad that Pinky has moved over here now and I can take up the quizzes again.
1. What is a Mille Feuille?
A multilayered dessert of puff pastry with sweet filling
2. What is the national dish of Indonesia?
3. Percentage wise, how much water does a mushroom contain?
4. What is Ponzu?
A sauce in Japanese food.
5. What is the national fruit ofIndia?
6. What is the difference between a pawpaw and a papaya?
There’s a difference?
7. What is “Caldo verde” and what is the main ingredient?
Portuguese green soup, it’s mainly made of potatoes, but coloured with kale. We don’t have cale so – at Adega, where I often order it – they use spinach.
8. What enzyme does pineapples contain that tenderizes proteins?
Bromelain, learned that from my ex MIL
9. What is Amchoor more commonly known as?
I have to take a guess, is it an Indian spice?
10. What is a Machiato?
An espresso with a dash of milk