Mandy, of thecompletecookbook has posted another enjoyable challenge to let us all get to know one another better:
1. What 5 items are always in your fridge?
Milk, mayonnaise, sambal oelek, cheese, grated beetroot
2. What 5 items are always in your pantry ?
Tinned lentils, flour, sugar, spices, castor sugar
3. Do you write a grocery list or do you shop off the cuff?
I make a list of dry goods every Saturday morning and my husband does the shopping. I buy my meat, fish and vegetables daily in the local village
4. What is/are the most used item/s in your kitchen?
My stove and my knives
5. What do you have in your kitchen that may seem strange to other people?
Thousands of wine corks
6. If you were to enter a Come Dine With Me challenge, what would you cook?
Starter: A prawn and citrus salad
Mains: Greek style Lamb shanks
Dessert:Eton Mess, it’s my personal cliché, but everyone loves it
7. If you could invite any 4 living people in the world to dinner, who would they be?
Sting, Graydon Carter, David Bowie and Mick Jagger
8. What is your favourite breakfast out?
French toast with bacon and grilled tomato at Scusi in Parkview
9. What one condiment could you not be without?
10. Some people seemed to have a problem eating leftovers or reheated food, do you?
No. Anna Trapido wote a magazine article recently where she cooked two identical casseroles in two days. She served them to family and asked them to vote. All the people liked the two-day-old one best.