For more info (or to contribute) on the weekend theme, go to:
Exaggeration is to paint a snake and add legs. Proverb
I’m very busy, see; that busy that I didn’t have time to do a post yesterday. There was eating and huddling to be done. I’m not exaggerating. All I can offer today is a fruit salad and some trivia …
On this day in 814 Charlemagne died. Charlemagne, Charles I, Charles the Great, King of the Franks, Charles le Grand, Carolus Magnus, Karl Der Grosse, King of the Lombards, master of Western Europe, Emperor. Some of the food related ‘facts’ I have come across related to Charlemagne:
* the peacock was first served in Europe during his reign;
* Saurbraten was invented by Charlemagne;
* Roquefort cheese was a favorite of his;
* the knife began to be used to eat food for the first time during his reign (rather than the fingers);
* Roses were used to cover his tables for meals.
I have no real corroboration for any of these ‘facts’.
– souce: foodreference.com