1. What time did you get up this morning?
Well, it’s like this; we have a confused rooster in the neighborhood …
2. How do you like your steak?
There’s a local saying: Skin it, wipe its arse, whip it across the coals and serve it. (Sorry Nancy and Lyndatjie!)
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
An Education; fine film, see it!
4. What are your favourite TV shows?
BBC Lifestyle channel.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Today I want to be in Fish Hoek!
6. What did you have for breakfast?
Nothing yet, I am going to make Mie Goreng in a while.
7. What is your favourite cuisine?
Impossible to answer, I probably lean most to classic French cuisine.
8. What foods do you dislike?
Those “add-a-packet-of-instant-whatever” recipes that housewives the world over are always swapping.
9. Favourite Place to Eat?
Home, ditto Carolyn.
10. Favourite salad dressing?
I like to let the ingredients mingle and create their own chemistry, lemon juice is great for bringing out flavours.
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
Ubiquitous fleet-for-the-directors’-wives Hyundai Getz. Our husbands got a good deal on a bulk-buy.
12. What are your favourite clothes?
Jeans and tunic-tops with ballet pumps.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
A full glass.
15. Where would you want to retire?
16. Favorite time of day?
17. Where were you born?
Bloemfontein in the Orange Free State.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
19. Who do you think will not tag you back
20. Person you expect to tag you back first?
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?
22. Bird watcher?
I have to keep an eye on them, they come into the kitchen to eat the dog food and sometimes knock things off my shelves.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
A whole book of stories full.
25. Any new and exciting news that you’d like to share?
Year-end ballet concert tonight, my child will shine.
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
27. What is your best childhood memory?
Parfait on hot summer evenings on our front lawn.
28. Are you a cat or dog person?
Can’t live without a few hounds at my feet.
29. Are you married?
Yes, for the fourth time.
30. Always wear your seat belt?
No, bad me.
31. Been in a car accident?
Yes, nothing serious.
32. Any pet peeves?
Barking dogs, bored because they’ve been locked out.
33. Favorite pizza topping?
Anchovy, capers and chilli.
34. Favorite Flower?
Roses and Proteas.
35. Favorite ice cream?
36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test?
38. From whom did you get your last email?
Client, requesting a Tuesday morning meeting to approve the book I’ve been working on.
39. Which store?
40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
41. Like your job?
It’s a feast or famine kind, I love it when I have lots of work and fret when there is none.
43. What was your favorite vacation?
Honestly can’t say, I’ve had some wonderful ones.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
Sally and Debbie.
45. What are you listening to right now?
Dogs next door barking.
Where the heck is 46?
Where I am until the 8th of January.
47. How many tattoos do you have?
48. Coffee drinker?
49. How many children do you have??
One, plus a step-daughter.
50. Favourite thing a teacher ever said to you on a report card
Can’t remember, it was generally all positive.