1. Favourite side dish at a braai (except for the meat)? My ‘famous’ Italian-peasant anchovy and potato salad.
3. Which Superhero was your favourite as a child? I think it was Batman, is he the one who’s been around the longest?
4. Favourite aftershave/perfume? I like many, for today it’s Donna Karan’s Cashmere Mist.
5. What do you usually think of when the dentist is busy working on your teeth? I do the dentist only under full anaesthetic, no thoughts at all.
6. Favourite WWE wrestler? Is that an item of sports gear? I don’t wear sporting clothes.
7. Favourite part of the body of the opposite sex? His mind.
8. What do like to eat/drink at the movies? Spearmint gum.
9. Can you do push ups? Yes, with phyllo pastry and I fill them with olives and cherry tomatoes, then baked them at 180 for 40 minutes.
10. Can you dance? No, people get very cross if I do.
11. Favourite tv character as a child? There was this nice show on the wireless at night …
12. Where you academic or sporty at school? Academic
13. What’s one thing that you would change about yourself? I’d get more red shoes.
14. What nationality were your ancestors? German and English.
15. If your won the Lotto what are 3 things you would buy for yourself? A house in Simonstown to live in; a Lacanche Range Cooker and a monthly trip to Johannesburg.
16. Who was the scariest kid in your class and why? It was an all-girls school. For some reason we had two boys in Grade 1. One of them is now a handsome man doing something in Media. I want to corner him in the corner and remind him how we used to chase him around singing Georgie Porgie pudding & pie, kissed the girls and made them cry …
17. Do you still have contact with any of your school friends? Yes.
18. At what age did you have your first real kiss? 14. His name was Quentin Hepburn and if his wife is reading this, I’d like to tell her she struck it rich.
19. Going to the game or watching it on tv? What? I buy meat at a butcher, hunting clothes are so … plaid!
20. If your could choose your Christmas gift, what would it be? Firmer thighs.
21. Favourite sportsman/woman? I like that boy who swims … the one who was naked in the Jenna Clifford jewelry ads.
22. Place overseas you would like to go? Yugoslavia.
23. If you accidently take someone’s pen, do you return it? Not on your Nelly! Finders keepers.
24. Most embarrassing outfit you’ve worn? I’ve had this question in a quiz before. I think it was yellow pvc shorts and white boots. There have been so many.
25. Heater or blanket ? Heater, blanket, hot water bottle, pyjamas, coat, socks, wine … I loathe the cold.
26. Do you have a hidden talent? Hidden where?
27. Person who has inspired you in this last year? The entire blog community.
28. Favourite Afrikaans singer/Band? That guy who sings the Binnelanders theme song. It somehow moves me.
29. What flowers would you send to someone you really fancied? Proteas.
30. Coffee or Tea? Coffee.
31. Favourite thing to do in the Mall? Get out quickly.
32. Do you answer your cell when you are in a conversation with someone else? Hell, I seldom answer it when I’m alone.
33. If a beggar asks you for money what do you do? I give him the once over and then decide.
34. Bill Gates or Donald Trump? Bill Gates
35. Do you have a friend you won’t tell your husband/wife/partner about? No.
36. Most idiotic movie you’ve ever seen? Coyote Ugly.
37. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? Paid Blogger.
38. What is the first thing you do when you get home after work? I don’t ever stop working.
39. Favourite SABC newsreader? This quiz is pushing it now!
40. What will be the next thing you eat? I’m hinting at Brunch at the Lifestyle Nursery …
41. How do you fall asleep at night? With the help of Merlot.
42. Favourite Rock Band during high school? Santana, I think. Or Deep Purple.
43. Do you like being on your own or amongst people? 50/50.
44. Have you ever spent time in the snow? Yes.
45. What was your favourite food as a child and who made it? My mom used to do a Sunday roast and would always sneak me one of the best morsels while she was carving; like a piece of pork crackling. But I think the absolutely best were the paprika cheese muffins my nanny used to bake for me. And morogo, I still love morogo, any time of the day. (Morogo is a wild spinach, not sure if it grows anywhere else in the world.)
2. Have you ever said something to someone you immediately regretted?