It could have been very awkward: he is the brother of my husband’s ex-wife, but Paul has become a good friend to me and is, amongst other things, my financial advisor. He is also a cordon bleu chef, a highly opinionated man and very critical. So it is of great pride to me that he has praised every meal I have prepared for him. Last night I served Osso Bucco and he pronounced it as good as any he has eaten in Milan; he said my addition of green olives was a stroke of genius.
I used a wine that Side View has brought along on Thursday night, thinking we would find it interesting. We each took a sip and immediately flung our glasses into the sink and corked the bottle. Not for drinking, perhaps, but it was perfect for my stew.
On a totally unrelated matter, my Sunday morning email quizzy-thingy: here a dozen arbitrary things you didn’t know about me:
1. I am going in search of a dwarf rabbit today, with my daughter.
2. My hair is very, very short and grey, I think grey hair is really sexy.
3. Bald men are sexy, in my opinion.
4. I like men in boots; cowboy boots, hiking boots, riding boots, Wellingtons…
5. You will not find me in bed later that 5.30am unless I am at Death’s door.
6. When I was young, I dreamed of having 12 children and living on a farm, I’m still kind of sad that picture didn’t materialize.
7. I don’t like motor cars and think the world is worse off for the invention of highways.
8. Contrary to rumours, I do not sit around drinking Merlot all day long.
9. I refuse to eat unless I am sitting at a table, with a knife and fork and a china plate.
10. Anyone in white, pointy shoes looks plain silly to me.
11. I have the biggest nose in the world. When they make the movie of my life, Gerard Depardieu will play me.
12. When I was a little girl I wanted to become a florist.
Have a happy Sunday, my friends, and make sure you smile at someone who’s not expecting it 🙂