Summer chicken salad with pomegranate dressing for the Old Man.
For me, because I needed to make it for the Pick n Pay ‘Eat Pray Love’ competition, Indonesian Mie Goreng.
This is the original recipe from Pick n Pay:
1 dash vegetable oil, for frying
1 tsp sesame oil
1 onion, finely sliced
2 tbsp garlic, ginger and chilli paste
1 packet julienne stir-fry vegetable
125 ml spring onions, chopped
4 packets PnP 2-minute noodles, soaked in boiling water
60 ml sweet soy sauce
1 tbsp sambal oelek, (chilli sauce) optional
4 large PnP free range eggs
1 dash Robertsons coriander, for serving
- Heat a generous glug of both oils in a wok or pan and fry onion until well caramelised and crispy. Remove half the onions and set aside.
- Add paste to onion and fry for a few seconds more.
- Toss in vegetables and stir-fry until just tender.
- Add spring onions, noodles, soy sauce and sambal oelek and stir-fry for a few more minutes.
- Heat a little oil in another pan or wok and fry eggs.
- Serve noodles topped with eggs and coriander leaves.